Thanks to advances in contact lens technology, almost everyone can now see clearly with contact lenses, regardless of the type or severity of their vision problems. At Lakeland Ophthalmology, with our comprehensive array of contact lens options, we can successfully fit patients in contact lenses who have myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism as well as those who need bifocal (multifocal) contact lenses.
We also have contacts specifically designed for patients with dry eye. Punctal Plugs and the TearCare procedure can both be used to treat patients with dry eye. Dr. Hirschfeld can help patients find and order contact lenses to address each patient’s specific needs. Please contact Jim in our Optical Shop for information regarding rebates and discounts.
Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
Daily disposable contact lenses are the most popular contacts at Lakeland Ophthalmology. These lenses are intended to be discarded and replaced after they have been worn each day. These lenses are easier to maintain than regular soft contacts because they require no cleaning or disinfecting. Daily disposable lenses have a lower rate of infection and allergy because patients start each day with a fresh, clean pair of lenses.
Astigmatism Contact Lenses
Astigmatism-correcting (toric) contact lenses, in both daily- disposable and monthly- replacement varieties are utilized by patients with astigmatism. These patients have corneas that are oval (like a football) instead of round (like a basketball). Astigmatism contact lenses compensate for this irregular shape — allowing patients to achieve clear vision.
Bifocal (Multifocal) Contact Lenses
Multifocal daily-disposable or monthly-replacement contact lenses allow patients who might otherwise need reading glasses to see clearly for both near (reading/computer) and far (driving) distances simultaneously. This allows patients in the 40+ age range to see their phones, computers and reading materials without the need for reading glasses.
Brands We Carry
- ACUVUE® Products:
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand MULTIFOCAL
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®
- ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology
- ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology for ASTIGMATISM
- ACUVUE® 2
- ACUVUE OASYS® 2-WEEK Contacts for ASTIGMATISM
- ACUVUE OASYS® for PRESBYOPIA
- ACUVUE OASYS® with HYDRACLEAR® PLUS Technology
- ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™
- ACUVUE® VITA®
- ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM
- Alcon Contact Lenses:
- AIR OPTIX® COLORS
- AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA
- AIR OPTIX® PLUS HYDRAGLYDE® FOR ASTIGMATISM
- AIR OPTIX® PLUS HYDRAGLYDE® MULTIFOCAL
- DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS®
- DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® MULTIFOCAL
- DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® TORIC
- DAILIES® COLORS
- DAILIES TOTAL1®
- DAILIES TOTAL1® MULTIFOCAL
- Bausch + Lomb Products:
- Biotrue ONEday lenses
- Biotrue ONEday for Astigmatism Contact Lenses
- Biotrue ONEday for Presbyopia Contact Lenses
- Bausch + Lomb ULTRA contact lenses with MoistureSeal technology
- Bausch + Lomb ULTRA for Astigmatism contact lenses
- Bausch + Lomb ULTRA for Presbyopia contact lenses
- SpecialEyes Custom Contacts
Rigid, gas-permeable contacts are available for patients who require this specialty product.
Color Contact Lenses
Stunning daily-disposable and monthly-replacement color contact lenses are available to enhance eye definition and make eyes appear bigger and brighter. Advanced color technology allows patients to blend eye color for a beautiful, natural appearance. Lakeland Ophthalmology is fully stocked — so have fun sampling the wide range of colors!