Meet Dr. Hirschfeld
A Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, Dr. James M. Hirschfeld is dedicated to providing his patients with expert care and the latest technologies so they can enjoy the healthiest eyes and best vision possible. He is fellowship-trained in refractive surgery and served as a clinical assistant professor at New York University School of Medicine.
After completing his undergraduate education at Brown University, Dr. Hirschfeld earned his medical degree at New York University School of Medicine in 1996. He went on to complete his internship at Lenox Hill Hospital and his Ophthalmology residency at New York University Medical Center. His post-doctoral training culminated with a fellowship in Refractive and Anterior Segment Surgery at Siepser Laser Eyecare in Pennsylvania.
Dr. Hirschfeld’s hospital affiliations include:
- St. Clare’s Hospital – Denville & Dover, NJ
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Institute – New York, NY
- Lenox Hill Hospital – New York, NY
Dr. Hirschfeld is currently a member of these organizations:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Medical Society of the State of New Jersey
- New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology
- Morris County Medical Society Executive Committee