The following measures have been put in place at Lakeland Ophthalmology to minimize the risk of infection:
- PRE-APPOINTMENT SCREENING: Patients are screened by phone prior to their appointments and asked the following:
MEDICAL HISTORY IS OBTAINED PRIOR TO VISIT: To minimize time spent in the office, a technician calls each patient prior to their visit to obtain a full medical history.
RESTRICTED VISITORS: Patient escorts/companions are restricted from entering the office unless it is medically necessary.
TEMPERATURE CHECKS: All patients have their temperatures checked prior to being admitted to the office.
CLEAN OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: Strict procedures are in place to routinely sanitize all high-touch areas and exam rooms with hospital-grade disinfectant.
MASKS ARE MANDATORY: Medical-grade surgical masks are required. Cloth masks are not acceptable. Patients who do not have a medical-grade surgical mask will be provided with one.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: Doctors, staff, and patients follow social-distancing guidelines (except when medically necessary).
FREQUENT HANDWASHING: Doctors, staff, and patients practice frequent handwashing with soap & water or hand-sanitizer gel.
VIRTUAL EXPRESS CHECK-OUT IS AVAILABLE: To minimize time spent in the office, follow-up appointments and copay collection can be handled by phone after the appointment is completed.
TELEHEALTH: Telehealth visits are available when necessary.
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have a fever of 99.5 or greater?
- Do you have fatigue?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Do you have a loss of smell or taste?
- Do you have trouble breathing?
- Have you been in the presence of someone with known COVID-19 in the last 2-14 days?
- Have you been outside New Jersey in the past month?